All About Forms: Appeal to Board of Veterans’ Appeals

If you’ve received your Statement of the Case (SOC) after your original claim for Veterans Disability Benefits and wish to challenge these findings, the Appeal to Board of Veterans’ Appeals (VA Form 9) is the first place to start.


This form allows for selection of a hearing option, the listing of specific issues to be appealed and an explanation for why you think the VA decided your case incorrectly. The complete, updated form is available on the Department of Veterans Affairs website (Visit and enter the description or number of the correct form) or at your local VA office.


It goes without saying that your appeal should be polite and as informative as possible. You may wish to consider hiring an attorney to ensure your appeal has the best chance for success.


If would like to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case with the experienced staff of Jan Dils, Attorneys at Law, please click here.

Fight 4 Vets