All About Forms: Veteran’s Supplemental Claim for Compensation

At Jan Dils, Attorneys at Law, our goal is to help make the benefits process as seamless as possible for veterans. Today, we’re going to talk about the Veteran’s Supplemental Claim for Compensation (VA Form 21-526b), a form that’s helpful for those who are currently receiving Veteran’s Disability Benefits and those whose disabilities require further evaluation.


Specifically, this form is relevant to you if you wish to:


  • Request an increased evaluation of disabilities currently being compensated.
  • Establish a service connection for a new disability.
  • Request a previously denied disability to be reopened for reconsideration.
  • Request the addition of a secondary disability to an existing disability.


This form (VA Form 21-526b) will ask for basic details like your name and Social Security Number (SSN) along with your VA file number. There will be a space for you to indicate whether you wish for an increased evaluation of your service-connected disability, service connection for any new disabilities, reopening of previously denied disabilities, or listing disabilities secondary to your existing service-connected disability. Below the answer you check is an empty space to explain your case in further detail.


You will also be required to supply the name of the VA medical center or military facility that has your records on file and indicate whether you would like to file claims for additional benefits at that time.


As always, it’s important to answer questions honestly and thoroughly. The most up-to-date version of this form is available on the Department of Veterans Affairs website (Go to and enter the name or number of the form) or by visiting your local VA office.


If you are interested in legal representation to help you approach the application process with confidence, please contact the experienced staff of Jan Dils, Attorneys at Law today.

Fight 4 Vets